Pat My Back is the online reward scheme used by the College to celebrate, record and share positive achievement in every student. Here at DESC we really believe that praise in all of its forms is a vital component of building up a young person’s confidence.
The aim of the scheme specifically is to :
- Praise continued good work in all subjects
- Recognise achievement and contribution
- Reward positive leadership
- Encourage team work, good manners and respect for others
- Ensure motivation, effort, enthusiasm and good behaviour
Students are rewarded by all teachers with PatPoints which are transferred into their individual student accounts and can be used at any time during the school year to redeem against many of the rewards on offer which include mall vouchers, sports equipment and canteen passes. As an extra bonus PMB points are also counted towards the outcome of the inter House competition which is run all year.
Termly bonus rewards are also offered and often include whole class rewards where the form works together to earn rewards such as tickets for sporting events, lunches, snacks and drinks.