Dubai English Speaking College (DESC) is a thriving, not-for-profit provider of education. We are proud of our inclusive nature and believe that our students get the very best experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our staff are well looked after and continuously strive to improve what is recognised already as an outstanding practice. DESC is considered to be one of the leading Colleges in the region and has a reputable track record of success in academic achievement, sport, performing arts and enterprise. With over sixty nationalities represented, we are very much an international College that embraces the opportunities to facilitate our students in making an impact as global citizens.
DESC is the sister school of the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai, Dubai English Speaking School (DESS) and is responsible for delivery of secondary education (between ages 11 -18). DESC follows the National Curriculum of England at KS3, GCSE at KS4 and A Level and BTEC at KS5; it has been a provider of outstanding education since 2005.
Vacancies for the Academic Year 2018
- Director of Arabic Education
- Teacher of Art & Design Technology
- Teacher of Business & Economics
- Teacher of Computer Science
- Teacher of English
- Teacher of History
- Teacher of Maths
- Teacher of Media
- Teacher of Music
- Teacher of Boys Physical Education
- Teacher of Girls Physical Education
- Teacher of Psychology
- Teacher of Science
- Teacher of UAE Social Studies & Humanities
The successful applicant will:-
- Be qualified in the UK with a minimum of one year’s teaching experience in the UK.
- Hold a PGCE or equivalent.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of teaching GCSE, AS and A Level.
- Note: Please state on your application if you have experience in Cricket or Athletics as there may be an opportunity for a successful candidate to gain extra responsibility in these areas.
In return we offer:-
- A competitive salary and benefits package
To apply: To read the Application Pack, please click HERE. To complete your application form, please click HERE and return it with the title of the role in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: CVs will not be accepted and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 24 January 2018
Dubai Interviews: From week commencing Sunday 14 January 2018
UK Interviews: From Tuesday 30th January 2018
DESC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment.